Our Savior Holy Communion Practice
Holy Communion is a sacred act established by Christ Himself. The Bible explains the nature and purpose of the Sacrament, and who should receive it. “Let a man examine himself, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup. For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body of the Lord eats and drinks judgment upon himself.” (1 Corinthians 11:28-29) Therefore, in accordance with Holy Scripture, and out of loving concern for all, we at Our Savior Lutheran Church believe in the biblical practice of Close Communion. This means, those are welcome to the Lord’s Table who are “close” to us, that is, believe the basic teachings of the Christian faith listed below:
- Have been Instructed in God’s Word, especially in regard to the Apostles’ Creed, Ten Commandments, and Holy Sacraments;
- Confess and repent of all their sins;
- Believe that through the suffering, death, and resurrection of Jesus, God forgives their sins and gives new newness of life.
- Believe that in and with the bread and wine, they receive in a miraculous way, not merely a symbol, but the true Body and Blood of Christ, for the forgiveness of their sins and the strengthening of their faith.
- Recognize that participation at His table indicates a public agreement with the Biblical teaching of the Sacrament as we teach and confess and oneness in the Lutheran faith with fellow communicants.
If you are unaware of the teachings of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod or have any doubts or questions, we respectfully ask you to refrain from receiving Holy Communion today until you have the opportunity to visit with one of the pastors.
3775 Middle Road
Bettendorf, IA 52722
Join Our Newsletter
Keep up to speed on all that is happening at Our Savior Lutheran Church. Expressions publishes news about upcoming services, events, missions and special requests. Expressions keeps you informed about prayer groups, committees and even what’s new in the library! Just click HERE to view current and past Expressions!
SATURDAYS: 5:00 p.m. Blended Worship with Commnion
8:00 a.m. (Traditional & Livestream)*, 9:30 a.m. (Contemporary & Livestream)*, 11:00 a.m. (Contemporary)*
THANKSGIVING EVE: 4:30 p.m.* & 6:30p.m.*
ADVENT: Wednesdays - 6:30 p.m. (Livestreamed)
CHRISTMAS EVE - 12:00, 2:00, 4:00 (Livestream), 6:00 (Livestream), 8:00, & 10:00 p.m.
CHRISTMAS DAY - 9:30 (Livestream) & 11:00 a.m.
*Holy Communion served
ADULT BIBLE CLASSES
(September - May)
9:30 - 10:30 a.m. (Zoom options)
© 2019. Our Savior Lutheran Church. All rights are reserved.